FEP/PFA Enacapsulated O Rings
FEP- or PFA-encapsulated O-rings consist of an elastic core (e.g. made of fluoro rubber, FKM or silicone rubber (MVQ)) and a seamless coating of premium fluorinated plastics. The coat reliably seals, while the core ensures the uniform steady fit of the seal.
By comparison with conventional seals made of synthetic elastomer, FEP- or PFA-encapsulated O-rings have extra advantages:
FEP- or PFA-encapsulated O-rings are resistant against most solvents and chemicals and have a very small low friction coefficient.
Chemical Resistivity of FEP/PFA-Encapsulated O-Rings
A seamlessly coat of FEP/PFA on O-ring made of fluoro rubber or silicone rubber. For the chemical resistance the thin coating of FEP or PFA is the relevant material. At normal temperatures, the coating guarantees the resistance against practically all chemicals.
Encapsulated O-rings can be manufactured in almost any size and we can supply about virtually any diameter and ring thickness. There is however a minimum inner diameter to avoid kinking the FEP- or PFA-coating.
Properties of FEP / PFA-Encapsulated O-Rings
- Solution for high tempreture sealing application
- FEP -60°C to +200°C / PFA -60°C to +300°C
- pressure resistance up to 70 bar and up to 200 bar with support ring
- especially low absorption of alkaline solutions, acids and solvents
- excellent gliding properties
- improved dry operation
- also suitable for a vacuum
- highest resistance to chemicals
Common Applications for FEP- or PFA-Encapsulated O-Rings
- Plant engineering and construction (chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturing)
- Equipment manufacturing (chemical, pharmaceutical manufacturing)
- Manufacturing of Valves
- Manufacturing of glass equipment / glass connectors
- Pumps technologies
- Cooling / refrigeration / cryogenics
- Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Petro chemistry
- Laboratory technology / medical technology
- Vacuum technology
- Mechanical seals
FEP/PFA Encapsulated O-Rings – Viton
- FEP/PFA encapsulated Viton O-rings have a core of homogenous Viton Material with a moulded FEP seamless coat on the outside.FEP encapsulated o rings are designed to protect the core O-ring material from attack by aggressive chemicals as well as increase the effective temperature handling range.
FEP/PFA Encapsulated O-Rings – Silicon
- FEP/PFA encapsulated silicon O-rings have a core of homogenous Silicon Material with a moulded FEP seamless coat on the outside.FEP encapsulated o rings are designed to protect the core O-ring material from attack by aggressive chemicals as well as increase the effective temperature handling range.