Quad Rings/X Rings
The sealing principle of X-rings / quad rings largely corresponds to that of O-rings, but they have a double sealing action and are thus also called four-lobed seals. X-rings automatically act as double sealing elements:
- Diametral compression in a rectangular groove
- Sealing through system pressure
- Acts in both directions
Advantages: X-rings vs. O-rings
- Lower diametral compression force required, resulting in less wear due to reduced friction
- Better sealing performance through four sealing lips, which at the same time form a lubricant channel
- Higher stability in dynamic applications, no twisting in the groove, less torsion
- O-Rings are a simple but very versatile sealing solution.
- Used predominantly in static applications but can be used in certain dynamic applications.
- Can be combined with a backup ring to increase the pressure tolerance and assist in resisting extrusion.
- Available in a wide variety of materials in a wide variety of sizes.
- Nitrile 70A Duro- Precision Moulded.
- Used in a wide variety of applications that simple yet effective solutions.
- Recommended for static applications only.
- Hydraulic fluids, petroleum fuels and oils.